Monday, June 9, 2014

Teeth Again This Year!

A new town: Quiningua. We will be here for the next three days. 

Holy moses. There were so many kiddos. Aneesh was super busy washing everyone’s ears. Maddie and Katelynn got to do a breast exam (ha, I passed that one off to them). I pushed Dr. Hall out of his comfort zone by making him pull two teeth. A lot of kiddos had rotten teeth. They told us that they ate sweets more than food. Margot, had a little mouth pain and many rotten teeth. One was so loose that it just had to come out. So, out it came. I cried more than that sweet girl. Without anesthetic she only let one tear roll down her face and only squeezed my hand one time. Wow! There was another boy that had his tooth pulled. He told me the his Mama usually pulls his rotten teeth. Today Dr. Hall and I got to take her place.
 


I somehow managed to get David the translator let me wash his ears. He would only do it if I let him wash mine. Hahahah! It does feel pretty strange. But, not too bad. I was embarrassed that his ears were cleaner than mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment