Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Mucho Gusto

David’s last day on the dream team. Very sad, but we made the most of it!

Lots of headaches from dehydration. Lots of stomach aches from not eating. Lots of anemia from no meat. Lots of rotten teeth again. David, Katherine, and I pulled one almost right off the bat this morning. The thing just popped right out. Dr. Hall sent one over shortly after that. I think he realized that I actually kind of enjoyed pulling them. The most difficult part is not making a scary face when you are yanking on the teeth. I mean those poor kids are looking straight into your face. That one wouldn’t come out as easily, but we were able to get most of it. Just like yesterday no pain.


We saw a little girl with Cerebral Palsy. It was hard on everyone who saw her. Her left elbow was totally immobile, no ability to point her toes, or straighten her legs. What a sweet girl though. Unfortunately, there was nothing that we could provide her.

Today there were a lot more prego’s too. I cried when three different ladies were able to hear their unborn babies heart beats. Being that I know 0% about pregnant women and babies in the womb, I had to learn a little before I used the Doppler. Holy Moly!!! That was so cool!

David was super excited that we gave a shot. He has been anticipating it since he first started translating for me. It was one of the very last patients of the day too! I would also like to note that today was another embarrassing day for David. There was a lot of talk about sex and male parts today.  Blushing in full effect. What a trooper. Katty said after dinner tonight, “I guess I have to translate for you tomorrow since you scared David away.”

 


Katherine was on point today in clinic. I was so grateful whenever she would chime in on stuff!

There were quite a few older people today. It was pretty interesting because their card would say one age, they would say another, and people from town might also say a different age. One gentleman was between 82 to 105, depending on who you asked.


I brought a quilt my Mama made me for Christmas last year. Blair and I got to have some heart-to-heart/Tasha demanding snuggles time. Thanks for keeping us warm in Ecuador Mama!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment