Saturday, June 7, 2014

Baskets

Nobody is waking up early anymore. I know this because I was the second person out of bed this morning. Sister and Ma probably think that I am full of it. Ha! That NEVER EVER happens. Miss Sharron shared an awesome devotion this morning based off a song:

What if your blessings come through rain drops
What if Your healing comes through tears
What if a thousand sleepless nights are what it takes to know You're near
What if trials of this life are Your mercies in disguise.

Today was the final day in Pachancho. Even with it not being a full day we saw a ton of people. I have been pretty surprised with how clean ears were this year. Last year, it was about one in every thirty who didn’t need their ears cleaned. Well, today was back to mass ear cleanings. We decided that today’s group came from a village that wasn’t seen last year.

Side note! We have had to make a trip to a local Ecuadorian pharmacy the last three days. Katty is now good buds with the pharmacist.

Today was the first time I have ever seen a ruptured ear drum. That was fun.

There was also a woman complaining of chest pain and fainting. When I put the stethoscope to hear chest I heard nothing. I just about lost it. Reane was able to find it, but it was pretty faint. No worries! She ended up being fine.


The women of Pachancho gave us the opportunity to purchase hats, scarves, and woven baskets that they had made. Beautiful!



Until next year Pachancho!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment