Sunday, June 8, 2014

Guano - The Town Not Bat Poop

Rachel’s Birthday! And, a day of rest.


We all had the chance to sleep in a bit/relax. Pizza for lunch and shopping in Guano (that is not misspelled).
Then we went to church at 5pm. For being a day of rest it was pretty busy.
Last night when I updated with stories I had forgotten to tell, there was one in particular that I wanted to tell and was the reason that I got back onto my computer in the first place! But, I forgot…. So, Blair got peed on yesterday. To top that, she needed a urine sample from a little boy, testing for an infection. When he came back with his cup he had pooped in it. Hahahahaha! Wowie! That opened up a whole can of worms at dinner. It turns out that the natives that we see call pee “little pee” and call poop “big pee.” Pretty funny!

We were at the Super Maxi (grocery store/mall) one night. Everyone had a list. Michelle wanted to make sure to get sharpies for the pharmacy. Somehow, in trying to figure out the Spanish name for pen, she decided that it was probably the same just with an –es added to the name. Pen-es. Say it…. PENES. It sound like penis. She was walking down one of the isles loudly talking about penes. This poor Ecuadorian family was traumatized!!! We still are laughing about that.



The lovely translator Paula learned some new words from Miss Renae last time she was here. Things like awesome and cool. Paula was telling Renae that she learned her new word for the trip, crappy. I think Renae was a bit surprised. Well, it turns out that Michelle taught her the word sharpie. Paula ended up learning two words this trip!



I thought for some reason I would be able to take a quick nap before everyone made it back to the bus from shopping today. My whole row of people showed up, so, I just laid on them. I nearly flew through the roof when David said, “Oh! Lice.” Even though he was kidding there was no sleep after that. Very funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment