Sunday, December 30, 2012

Strawberries and Bholes

At the end of each day in Kenya I lay in bed, read my 410 bridge devotion, and do a little self reflection over the day. I do my own "strawberries and butt holes" for the day (shout out to YL and Miss Macey!). I will share today's butt hole. Elizabeth is a girl in Kiria I have really connected with. Today she wanted to talk about health care in America. She wanted to know what are the moat common diseases. Easy answer right? How could I tell this girl that Diabetes is one of the biggest problems in my county?!? I couldn't. Her next question, "Do they have HIV/AIDS in America? Because its a big problem here." How could I tell this girl yes we do but with enough money you can buy medications that allow you to live a descently full life... in America. I wish that I could spend the whole day talking to Elizabeth and tell her all that she wants to know and all that she needs to know. Goodnight from Kenya

No comments:

Post a Comment