Monday, December 3, 2012

Services

Yesterday and today I have been catching up on watching the sermons from *ONE (sisters church in the Valley). I first watched the sermon on thanks. Wow! Powerful stuff. Thanking people shows them that you value them. Pastor Will told this story that really brought this statement into perspective for me. The simple song that he wrote to veterans thanking them for their service broke down one man who had never been thanked. Often, I feel that the people mean the most to us are the people we fail or forget to thank. This can really put a strain on your most important relationships. Through November I participated in "Thankful 'till Thanksgiving." This was the opportunity to reflect on thing that I was thankful for. It was very revealing! However, I rarely shared this daily list with the people who made the list. I am committed for this next month to telling those people that I am thankful for them and why. I hope that you might do the same

How to survive the holiday season from "Back to Busy." Life is about progress, not perfection. My life always feels super busy, so, I was very excited to listen to this:

  1.  Be intentional. Don't be a victim of the season
  2. Making intention time for everything and especially for God. Divided time is not relationship building.
  3. Spend less money. We put too much money into Christmas and there is no reason to go into debt over things that people will often forget by the spring time! Be intentional with money
  4. Focus on others. Often times we focus on ourselves, our situations, our busyness.
  5. Give generously. Giving is what God taught us to do, however, we cannot out give God... so don't even try. Corinthians II talks about how much to give. Give how much you feel you should give in your heart. Not by pressure, judgement, or whatever. God loves when we give from a joyful heart!
 This holiday season originally was very difficult for me because sis and I literally have no money because of the mission trip. We have tried to make all as much of our gifts as possible. this study/service helped to make this gift of giving so much better and enjoyable!

http://www.onespokane.com/watch

No comments:

Post a Comment