Tuesday, July 31, 2018

Clinic Day 7 - Gramapamba

Last clinic day! This year we added an extra clinic day and an extra tourist day. Back when I decided this was a good idea I wasn't remembering how exhausted the team gets by the end of 6 clinic days. I can definitely say this was our most difficult day so far. We made it through though!

In total we saw 300 people at Gramapamba! Again,  no one was turned away! It warms my heart when we get to see everyone.

At the end of the day one of the people from the community told Dr. Harris that they no longer thought we were evil. Naturally that sparked some questions. It turns out that when One Heart started working in the community there were only three Christian families. The community had been against Christianity; thinking that Christians were evil. After two days of our team being in the community they saw that Christians are not evil. They expressed that we brought peace and healing to the community and they felt the presence of God under the tent. I can't remember if I mentioned that we are working in a circus type tent. They decided to hold a big community worship service after we left. It is amazing what two days can do!

It has truly been a blessing to serve the people of Ecuador. With all the gifts the Lord has given to me, it is awesome to be able to give back.

No comments:

Post a Comment