Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Baños

A nice day to relax. We slept in, loaded the bus, and said goodbye to our amazing cooks, cleaners, and friends.

The bus ride to Baños was foggy but uneventful!

For lunch we had a HUGE meal. It was all Ecuadorian style; delicious as you would image. Ugg, I think I only ate half the food on my plate. If you have ever eaten with me, then you know I always clean my plate. Always.
The Spa
About half of our group went to the spa this afternoon. Pool, hot tub, sauna, steam box (for Katty and Savannah), massages (for all), mani/pedi (for some), and waxing (for some). It was great! I'm sure that horseback riding tomorrow will kill all of the relaxation my muscles just underwent!

On our way to dinner our spa group had the chance to try canelazo caña. Canelazo caña is a regional drink made from sugar cane, alcohol (from fermented sugar cane), lemon, sugar and cinnamon. Pretty delicious.

After another huge meal we wandered the city. Being out of a major city center, Baños is refreshing. The air is clean and fresh!

No comments:

Post a Comment