Saturday, July 30, 2016

Pachancho

Oh Pachancho my love!!! So good to be back. We have been in in this community for 5 years now. The change that I have seen in my time is staggering. Selfishly, I am sad that they do not need the medical team as much in years past.

It was a super speedy set up. Even for the veterans, this was the first time any of us have been in the new church. Oh my goodness, flushing toilets that you would actually want to sit on. It is such a beautiful structure. Well designed and nicely insulated.

Pachancho is about 14,000 ft above sea level. That means that even though we have been here for 10 days, it is still difficult to breath that high up. The wind is whiping. It is super cold. But, we have this amazing church to keep us warm.

It is such a blessing to see the transformation of this community from surviving to thriving.

No comments:

Post a Comment