Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Bazan Grande Day Tres

Our last day at the community of Bazan Grande. We saw a ton of patients today! The clinic ran very well. Like a well oiled machine.

There were orignally two surgeries planned. But, during the prepo it was discovered that one of the patients did not actually have a hernia. Fret not! We were able to find another person who needed a cyst removed.

Spiritual was rocking again.

H. Pylori was rocking again.

Pharmacy was rocking again.

A fun story from my time in primary care. I had been moved to another providers room, since surgery needed a room for preop. A family of three came in. Papa first. Itchy feet. I had to run around to find a pair of gloves. Found gloves, examined his feet, good to go, throw away gloves. Mama next. Itching and swelling in both legs. Turns out she has vericose veins. Fantastic, we have compression stockings to help with that! Well, typically I would put gloves on to help a patient put on compression stockings for the first time, but I did not want to run out of the exam room again. Fine, done, I touched stinky feet. Finally, the little girl. Main complaints, rash. I looked at the rash and touched it. Could have been an infection or it could be sensitive skin. Since we have a lab with a microscope I had a sample taken... It turned out that is was scabies. Scabies that I touched without gloves. EEEEWWW!

This evening, Katty gave her testimony to the team. Along with some sharing from other team members it was a very emotional night.

No comments:

Post a Comment