Friday, July 5, 2013

Reflection of Ecuador



People keep asking me, "which did you like better: Ecuador or Kenya?" Impossible! They were both totally different.

Kenya was very relationship based. The love I developed for the people of Kiria rocked my world. My emotional connection to Africa is so strong and I do not think that will ever change.

Ecuador was totally different. I was able to use my gift of knowledge, my carear to help people. It was really cool to see that my passion can make such a big impact. So, my emotional attachment was not as strong, but my love for Ecuador is still so strong.

People are also saying, "this must make you feel so good going on these mission trips." Let me be totally honest... These mission trips make me feel like crap. It is so difficult to see peoples most basic needs not being met. It is so difficult to compare what I have in such abundance to what others have which is nearly nothing. There is such a huge emotional burden that is placed on my heart. Being home is hard. It is nice to have some of the comforts of home, but every time I use these I am reminded of all the people who don't have them.

The reason I serve is to give someone else a better chance at a better life and a chance at eternal life. If one persons life was saved or made better than my trip was worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment