Friday, July 31, 2015

Change In Plans

Spanish for Gringo's by Miss Katty. I had a four hour Spanish lesson today (two on the way up and two on the way back). Unfortunately, I don't think my Spanish has improved much. Katty did get a lot of laughs in.

Military, Doctor, and Translator


Ladies of the village with Katty



We had planned on two more days in Pachancho, however, when we showed up and only 10 people were waiting to be seen, plans changed. More people came throughout the day. We saw approximately 60 people, but will not be going back tomorrow.

I had a new translator today, Isaac, who was amazing! His first time translating for medical. He didn't bat an eye at the questions I had him ask and things that we had to do. One of my favorite parts of these trips is getting to show/teach the translators and non-medical people something new. It's fun to explain how I got to the conclusion that I came to and fun to show them things like my ear drum (and the dinosaurs that live in my right ear per Daniel).

We were able to tell a young woman that she was pregnant with her first child. Kim explained to her the whole process, educated her one nutrition, and gave her condoms. It was a fun and very educational experience for all involved!

In previous trips shoes were one of the clinics that we provided for the children. There are multiple groups that work with One Heart Global Ministries that have shoes as their primary focus, so, we no longer bring shoes. There were a few suitcases of shoes left over in the U.S.A that got brought and a few bags that we had previously left at Kattys house. Many of those extras were distributed today in Pachancho. It is always fun to see the beaming faces of kiddos up here getting shoes that fit.

Fitting Shoes
On the way back to Riobamba we caught Chimborazo without clouds. The wind was howling (understatement). Please don't mind the wild hair.
Chimborazo In All Her Glory

Until next time Pachancho

 

No comments:

Post a Comment