Friday, October 19, 2012

How it all got started...



In May Jessica and I moved in together. A big thing in our lives since we have not lived together in almost 6 years (besides holidays). We also did some other big things like move to the “big city” of Spokane, kept a puppy from Sadie’s litter, became YoungLife leaders, and did a bible study together.
Of all of the things that we did this summer, that bible study changed both of us a whole lot. One of the days talked about service and furthering God’s kingdom. For Jess, this made her realize that she has been holding back on going on a mission trip for many reasons, but no good ones. Because it is not the right time in her life, it is too expensive, and that she wants to wait for the time to be right for her (and not God). A few other incidences and a whole lot of prayers later, she applied to go on a mission trip to Kenya and was accepted! Me, I have been planning a trip to Paris during the time her trip was planned and had not even considered going. Well, last week rolled around, I was driving through Spokane just thinking. I was sad that Sis would not be joining me in Paris and that no one else wanted to go with me. And then, all of the sudden it hit me… why wasn’t I going to Kenya too?!?! At this point, I almost crashed into the car ahead of me. I applied and was accepted within two days. So, now Jess and I will be going to Kenya through the” 410 Bridge” December 25 – January 4 (just in time to start back to school).

No comments:

Post a Comment